Diane St. Yves - Board Certified - Family Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Call (281) 501-1558

Changes in Employment or Change of Residence

It is a difficult time we are living through and we are all in this together. The current pandemic situation and economic outlook has caused many to lose their jobs requiring them to move in with family or friends.

If you are one of these unfortunate ones and are working under a custody order, it is imperative that you notify the other party via certified mail/return receipt requested and the Court and Child Support Disbursement via regular mail of your new employment status and your change of address.

Generally the orders require 60 days notice and, if you are unable to provide 60 days notice, you must notify the other parent within five (5) days of the change of employment or change of residence. A text message, email or other unofficial notification will not suffice under the circumstances.

Take this time to thoroughly review your final order and refresh your memory as to your duties and obligations to prevent unnecessary court action. If you need assistance with interpreting provisions of your order, please call us and we will help. Our number is (281) 501-1558 or email me at diane@styveslaw.com #houstonstrong #texasproud

Leave a Reply